Objectives of Program:
The Software Engineering Program has been designed to prepare students for a successful career in the software industry and the information technology sector as software engineering professionals with a high level of international competitiveness. Through challenging curricula and innovative courses that combines theory and practice, students will acquire a solid understanding of all aspects of software development, a profound comprehension of engineering economics and entrepreneurship in software practice, and a wide scope of knowledge and skills in engineering, computer science, mathematics and complementary studies that will provide students a base for life- long learning.
Each course is delivered in English by an expert in their field, and generally includes periods of classes, practices and group work in which students learn and apply principles, tools and techniques in a real- world project environment. Class sizes are kept small to facilitate interaction and to promote effective learning. Each subject is taught at least once a year (some are taught 2 or 3 times) and most can be studied in any order, with the aim of helping to provide the kind of flexibility required by students with existing commitments.
Course Duration: 4 years
The minimum credits for Graduation: 123
Diploma: Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
Introduction to Computer System, Discrete Mathematics, Introduction to Object- Oriented Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Database Systems, System- Level Programming, Digital Logic: Application and Design, Computer Architecture, Linear Algebra with Application to Engineering, and Probability and Statistics.
Introduction to Human- Computer Interaction; Environment and Tools for Software Development; and Principles of Compiler Design.
Embedded Systems, Distributed System and Internet, Software Model Checking, Software Project Management, Software Quality Assurance and Testing, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Data Mining and Data Warehouse, Signal Processing, Web Mining, and Introduction to Artificial Intelligence.
Courses for Practices
Practices in Software Development, Advances in Software Development, and Seminars in Software Engineering.
Requirements of Program:
Through the learning and training of the Software Engineering Program, graduates are expected to acquire abilities, knowledge and skills described in the four aspects as follows:
- Fundamental Qualities
- The abilities to identify, analyze and solve problems effectively;
- The abilities of communication and organization, and a strong sense of teamwork;
- A deep understanding of intellectual laws and professional ethics;
- A strong sense of innovation and the abilities to work and learn independently
- Professional Knowledge
- A fundamental comprehension of mathematics and related disciplines;
- A solid foundation of computer science and technology;
- A profound understanding of the theories, models and techniques of software engineering
- Professional Skills
- Proficiency in problem identification and analysis, software design, development, implementation, verification and documentation;
- Proficiency in applying engineering principles to solve problems in software development;
- The ability to work as an individual or as part of a team in order to develop and deliver quality software artifacts
- English Skills
- Proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing;
- Proficiency in writing academic papers and technical reports, and in international conference presentation;
- Proficiency in utilizing advanced technology and heterogeneous sources to acquire useful information
For Software Engineering in Sichuan University please Click Here
For Software Engineering in University Of Electronic Science & Technology Of China, please Click Here