Objectives of MBBS Program
To produce internationally competent clinicians with solid medical knowledge, excellent clinical skills and good professionalism.
Requirements of Program
- Teaching of medical knowledge will be based on solid scientific principles and enable students to develop lifelong learning habits, corresponding clinical skills and appropriate professional ethics quality.
- Education will not focus on the basic principles of medical science and clinical skills, but also develop students analytical skills and their ability to make sound judgments based on evidence and experience.
- The students will engage in effective medical internships under the guidance of senior physicians before graduation.
2. Professionalism and Ethics Quality:
- Willingness to dedicate themselves to enhancing the health profession and fostering the well-being of the mind and body.
- Good care for patients, recognition of lifelong responsibility to prevent disease and eliminate symptoms, the moral obligation to provide hospice care, and the professional responsibility to safeguard the health interest of human beings.
- Ability to uphold principles and make full use of health resources.
- Devotion to long-life learning and continuous self-improvement. Respect for each individual and their beliefs.
- Scientific attitude by seeking truth from evidence and getting help from other doctors when they are unable to solve medical problems by themselves.
- Sense of innovation.
- Spirit of teamwork.
- Ability to practice medicine in accordance with the laws and to use the laws to protect patients and their own rights and interest.
3. Basic Knowledge:
- Basic Chinese language and todays China.
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Life science, behavioral science and social science, as they are related to medicine, and how to use this knowledge to guide their medical practice.
- Causes of common disease and frequently-occuring disease including mental illness, the impact of environmental, social, behavioral and psychological factors on the occurrence and development of disease and the importance of disease prevention. Pathogenesis, clinical symptoms, diagnosis and preventive ways of common disease and frequently- occurring diseases.
- Basic knowledge of pharmacology and clinical principles of rational drug use.
- Normal pregnancy and delivery, common obstetric emergency treatment, principles of prenatal and postnatal health care, and family planning.
- Health education and disease prevention, common diseases, disabilities, rehabilitation,, hospice care and general practice.
- Knowledge of clinical epidemiology.
- Basic patterns of development and spread of infectious diseases, and prevention of common infectious diseases.
- Principles of fair and effective distribution of health care service and rational use of limited medical resources.
- Basic characteristic of traditional Chinese Medicine and its application based on an overall analysis of the patients condition.
4. Clinical Skills:
- Collect medical history comprehensively, systematically and correctly.
- Perform systematic and standardized physical and psychiatric examination and write standard records.
- Make and express accurate clinical judgments.
- Diagnose and treat common and frequently – occurring diseases in internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics and other branches of medicine.
- Diagnose and treat general emergency cases.
- Select appropriate clinical diagnosis and treatment for patients. Improve treatment methods in medical practice by using the principles of evidence – based medicine.
- Share their experience with doctors and other medical personnel effectively.
- Analyze medical problems independently and acquire new knowledge and relevant information based on clinical practice, with the help of library database and modern information technology.
- Publicize relevant knowledge about healthy lifestyles and disease prevention to patients and the general public.
- Study more independently and throughout their lives.
Basic Medical Sciences
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Duration Of Courses:
The Course Duration is 6 Years (Which Includes 1 Year Internship) For MBBS.
For MBBS in Sichuan University, please Click Here